Previous photos here

Fri, 22 Mar 2013

There is progress on the Jaguar
It's been a while since I updated this blog, but I have been making progress on the Jaguar in fits and starts. The engine is in, and is running, or was until I pulled the computer out to change the wiring harness. Currently I am working on the brakes. The 1991 XJS came with a complex ABS setup, which has an electric motor and hydraulic pump and pressure accumulator and a dedicated computer. After reading over the procedures in the manual for maintaining it I decided to replace it with a traditional braking system from an earlier year. I bought the master cylinder and booster and pedal off eBay, and got the front brake lines from a parts car in Pompano, and got new calipers from Rock Auto. It took a while to piece it all together, but later night I finally got it all in. I still have to mount the vacuum tank and get a check valve. Next week I will add fluid and see if I can get a firm pedal. I will post results. One of the (many, many) reasons I haven't been updating the Jaguar portion of the site is that it was too difficult to update the pages which were originally created with DreamWeaver. I do all of the updates with vi and blosxom. I'm still looking for a better way, like WordPress, but for now it's still blosxom.
posted at: 10:12 | permalink |