Riding at Jonathan Dickenson

I got a phone with a camera in it, so I took some mountain biking pictures. This page is basically an excuse for me to post some photos I took with the phone.
I've been having difficulty getting out of work on time, so I made a special effort to leave a little early to make sure we could get to JD and finish a ride before dark. Here you can see the path I took, going down the stairs, and across the bridge to the parking garage.
I was happy to see that my bike was still on the back of my car. Closer inspection showed that it was unmolested, and still locked securely to the bumper.
Rob lives about five minutes away, so I called to alert him that I was leaving the parking garage. I had to wait at the front of his development for him to buzz me in. But then the gates swung wide open.
He was looking good, for a guy who broke his arm eight weeks ago. This was going to be his first real single-track ride since the "incident". We got his bike and him loaded up.
It was a good thing I was on time, as traffic on the interstate was nearly at a standstill, due to people gawking at a truely spectacular chain collision. But it was on the other side of the highway. All our lanes were clear, and we were still going slow. Rob made me go slow as we drove past, so he could get a good look. Then we got stuck at a train crossing. It's never a good sign when the train has three locomotives at its font. Plus it gave me a chance to look at Rob's new video helmet. He had just finished it that day. He used a carbon fiber box of the style that mounts on a sky diving helmet, and mounted it to the side of a bike helmet with cable ties. Of course this made it seriously unbalanced. His fix was to find a brick of about the same size as the camera, and zip tie it to the other side of the helmet. Once he covered the brick with gaffer's tape it didn't look too bad. But the whole helmet assembly weighs at least ten pounds now.
Eventually we got the park, and saddled up. Rob strapped on his helmet, and got some admiring comments. Then we headed out on trail, and I stopped taking pictures, because I was busy riding. I stayed just in front of him, so he could film me with the camera. He rode pretty hard for a guy who's had very little aerobic exercise for the past two months.
We didn't make the whole loop due to loss of daylight, and actually had to head back to the cars on the road, which is a rarity for us. I got some shots of Rob getting his bike back on the car, and reviewing the footage in the car. I think he has something in his eye in the second shot.

The tape came out very well. I think it captures the flavor of single-track, although Linda became bored after the first 30 seconds. Rob wants to shoot more. If he ever gets it edited, and into a mov/avi/whatever video format, I will post some of it here.